Antrix Corporation Limited (ACL), incorporated on 28 September 1992 (under the Companies Act, 1956) is a wholly owned Government of India Company, under the administrative control of Department of Space (DOS). ACL is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO); and, responsible for promotion and commercial exploitation of the products and services emanating from the Indian Space Programme.In the year 2008, the Company was awarded 'MINIRATNA' status.
The major areas of business activities of ACL, currently, are:
- Provisioning of communication satellite transponders to Indian users;
- Providing satellite launch services to international customers;
- Marketing of data from Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites to international customers;
- Building and marketing of satellites and satellite sub-systems for international customers;
- Building of satellites and establishing associated ground infrastructure for Indian users;
- Mission support services for foreign satellites;